|Open Food Facts is quickly growing and expanding internationaly, and we are looking for a full stack developer to join our team. If you like to have a large-scale impact and values like transparency, the common good and the sharing of knowledge are important to you, please read on!|
Open Food Facts is an association created in 2012 that uses transparency to transform the food system. In 2015, we supported the launch of the 5-color score, now better known as Nutri-Score. This year, we launched the Eco-Score which earned us the support of the Google.org foundation. These coming months will be devoted in particular to the extension of the Eco-Score in Europe and beyond.
Open Food Facts is a small team (less than 5 people) with a wide variety of missions and technologies.
The developer will work with the CTO to:
- develop and maintain Open Food Facts core applications:
- Product Opener: the web platform that runs openfoodfacts.org (Perl + MongoDB). Database, backend, API and web frontend.
- our mobile projects: the Open Food Facts Android (Kotlin) and iOS (Swift) apps and our new Flutter app
- AI models integration in Python (machine learning skills is a bonus)
- new Open Food Facts applications (Python, PostgreSQL, Perl, JS...)
- document their projects and contribute to the collaborative documentation of Open Food Facts
- support volunteer developers from the community
- participate in infrastructure administration tasks (Linux servers, ProxMox infra, Docker)
- actively participate in debates and technical decisions.
He or she is autonomous on his or her missions, manage projects in a strong international context (English is essential and knowing more languages is useful), fully participate in the development of our growing project, and be a force for proposal.
She or he has an open source culture, a solid knowledge of the web and of collaborative development (Git, Github, ...). Finally, he or she has a good data culture: issues, collection, processing, formats, tools, etc.
Open Food Facts is both a demanding and very flexible organization. We all work remotely (preferable location between GMT-6 and GMT + 6). Each employee can use the computer hardware and development tools of their choice.
6-month fixed-term contract, with prospects for permanent employment. Gross remuneration from 2200 to 4000 € monthly according to experience.
|To apply, contact us at email@example.com and send us your resume, cover letter or any form of presentation.|